New Majority Faculty Day Talking Points
1. We want the public to know that the majority of faculty teaching undergraduate courses in higher education teach outside of the tenure system.
2. Universities and colleges, like the university of California, have been raising tuition (student fees) and executive salaries, while they cut the people doing most of the teaching, which results in fewer classes for students and an expansion of class size.
3. UC claims that it must make these cuts because of the reduction of state support, but this reduction equals less than 1% of the UC budget.
4. It is all about priorities, and sadly, in the UC system, undergraduate education is often a low priority.
5. By hiring more faculty, and protecting the faculty who teach undergraduate courses, we can provide students with the quality education they expect and deserve from the university.